Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 4280Ratification Number: 437Act Number: 378Primary Sponsor: SnowType of Legislation: GBSubject: Crop Pest CommissionDate Bill Passed both Bodies: Apr 30, 1992Computer Document Number: NO5/8029.BDGovernor's Action: SDate of Governor's Action: May 15, 1992Introduced Date: Jan 28, 1992Last History Body: ------Last History Date: May 15, 1992Last History Type: Signed by GovernorScope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: SnowType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- 4280 ------ May 15, 1992 Act No. 378 4280 ------ May 15, 1992 Signed by Governor 4280 ------ May 13, 1992 Ratified R 437 4280 Senate Apr 30, 1992 Read third time, enrolled for ratification 4280 Senate Apr 29, 1992 Read second time, notice of general amendments 4280 Senate Apr 16, 1992 Committee Report: Favorable 01 4280 Senate Mar 18, 1992 Introduced, read first time, 01 referred to Committee 4280 House Mar 17, 1992 Read third time, sent to Senate 4280 House Mar 05, 1992 Read second time 4280 House Feb 27, 1992 Committee Report: Favorable 20 4280 House Jan 28, 1992 Introduced, read first time, 20 referred to CommitteeView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
(A378, R437, H4280)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 46-26-10, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE CITE FOR THE AGRICULTURAL LIMING MATERIALS ACT, SO AS TO PROVIDE FOR IT TO BE ADMINISTERED BY THE CROP PEST COMMISSION INSTEAD OF THE CLEMSON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF TRUSTEES; SECTION 46-26-20, RELATING TO DEFINITIONS IN THE ACT, SO AS TO DEFINE THE DIRECTOR OF REGULATORY AND PUBLIC SERVICE PROGRAMS, CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, AND THE DIVISION OF REGULATORY AND PUBLIC SERVICE PROGRAMS, CLEMSON; AND SECTION 46-26-30, RELATING TO THE DELEGATION OF DUTIES TO THE FERTILIZER BOARD OF CONTROL BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, SO AS TO PROVIDE FOR THE COMMISSION TO DELEGATE THE DUTIES TO THE DIRECTOR WHO MAY ADMINISTER AND ENFORCE THIS CHAPTER AND RELATED REGULATIONS; AND TO DIRECT THE CODE COMMISSIONER TO CHANGE THE REFERENCES TO "BOARD" TO "COMMISSION".
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Agricultural Liming Materials Act administered by the Crop Pest Commission
SECTION 1. Section 46-26-10 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 46-26-10. This chapter may be cited as `The South Carolina Agricultural Liming Materials Act' and must be administered by the State Crop Pest Commission."
SECTION 2. Section 46-26-20 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 46-26-20. For purposes of this chapter:
(1) `Agricultural liming materials' means a product whose calcium and magnesium compounds are capable of neutralizing soil acidity.
(2) `Limestone' means a material consisting essentially of calcium carbonate or a combination of calcium carbonate with magnesium carbonate capable of neutralizing soil acidity.
(3) `Dolomitic limestone' means those materials of which sixteen percent or more of the total neutralizing value expressed as calcium carbonate equivalent is derived from magnesium compounds.
(4) `Calcitic limestone' means materials of which eighty-five percent, plus or minus five percent, or more of the total neutralizing value expressed as calcium carbonate equivalent is derived from calcium compounds.
(5) `Burnt lime' means a material whose calcium and magnesium compounds are capable of neutralizing soil acidity and which consists essentially of calcium oxide or a combination of calcium oxide with magnesium oxide.
(6) `Hydrated lime' means a material made from burnt lime which consists essentially of calcium hydroxide or a combination of calcium hydroxide with magnesium oxide or magnesium hydroxide.
(7) `Marl' means a granular or loosely consolidated earthy material composed largely of calcium carbonate.
(8) `Industrial by-product used as a liming material' means an industrial waste or by-product containing calcium or calcium and magnesium in forms that will neutralize soil acidity.
(9) `Calcium carbonate equivalent' means the acid neutralizing capacity of an agricultural liming material expressed as weight percentage of calcium carbonate.
(10) `Fineness' means the percentage of weight of the material which will pass United States Standard sieves of specified sizes.
(11) `Distributor' means a person who imports, consigns, manufactures, produces, compounds, mixes, or blends agricultural liming materials or who offers for sale, sells, barters, or otherwise supplies agricultural liming materials.
(12) `Registrant' means the person who applies for or requests registration of the agricultural liming material and is granted registration.
(13) `Brand' means the term, designation, trademark, product name, or other specific designation under which individual agricultural liming material is offered for sale.
(14) `Ton' means a net weight of two thousand pounds avoirdupois.
(15) `Percent' or `percentage' means by weight.
(16) `Bulk' means in nonpackaged form.
(17) `Label' means written or printed matter on or attached to the package or on the delivery ticket which accompanies bulk shipments.
(18) `Person' means individual, partnership, association, firm, or corporation.
(19) `Weight' means the net weight of material as offered for sale.
(20) `Director' means the Director of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University.
(21) `Division' means the Division of Regulatory and Public Service Programs, Clemson University, and its employees, agents, and officials."
Delegation of duties by the commission
SECTION 3. Section 46-26-30 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 46-26-30. The commission shall delegate the duties in this chapter to the director who may administer and enforce this chapter and related regulations."
SECTION 4. The Code Commissioner shall change the references to "board" to "commission" in Chapter 26, Title 46 of the 1976 Code.
SECTION 5. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Approved the 15th day of May, 1992.