Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
A344, R315, H5056
Sponsors: Reps. Stille, M.A. Pitts and Townsend
Document Path: l:\council\bills\dka\3782dw04.doc
Introduced in the House on March 30, 2004
Introduced in the Senate on April 1, 2004
Last Amended on April 28, 2004
Passed by the General Assembly on May 4, 2004
Governor's Action: May 11, 2004, Signed
Summary: Abbeville County Memorial Hospital, Board of Trustees; archaic references related to voting precincts where members reside deleted
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3/30/2004 House Introduced, read first time, placed on calendar without reference HJ-27 3/31/2004 House Read second time HJ-14 4/1/2004 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-21 4/1/2004 Senate Intd. & placed on local & uncontested cal. w/o reference SJ-10 4/6/2004 Senate Read second time SJ-28 4/28/2004 Senate Amended SJ-34 4/28/2004 Senate Read third time and returned to House with amendments SJ-34 5/4/2004 House Concurred in Senate amendment and enrolled HJ-15 5/6/2004 Ratified R 315 5/11/2004 Signed By Governor 5/14/2004 Copies available 5/14/2004 Effective date 05/11/04 10/20/2004 Act No. 344
View the latest legislative information at the LPITS web site
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
(A344, R315, H5056)
AN ACT TO AMEND ACT 780 OF 1928, AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE ELECTION OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE ABBEVILLE COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, SO AS TO DELETE ARCHAIC REFERENCES THAT SPECIFY FROM WHICH VOTING PRECINCTS IN ABBEVILLE COUNTY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD SHALL RESIDE.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Board of Trustees, Abbeville County Hospital, compensation
SECTION 1. Section 1 of Act 780 of 1928, as last amended by Act 435 of 1963, is further amended to read:
"Section 1. (A) The Board of Trustees of the Abbeville County Memorial Hospital is composed of seven members as follows:
(1) one member must be a licensed medical doctor and must be appointed by the staff of the Abbeville County Memorial Hospital, whose term expires December 31, 1968;
(2) one member must be appointed from the county at large by the Abbeville County Legislative Delegation, whose term expires December 31, 1968;
(3) one member must be appointed by the governing body of the City of Abbeville, and shall reside within one of the following voting precincts: Abbeville Nos. 1, 2, 3, and 4;
(4) one member must be appointed by the governing body of the Town of Donalds, and shall reside within the following voting precincts: Donalds, Hall's Store, and Broadmouth;
(5) one member must be appointed by the governing body of the Town of Due West, and shall reside within the following voting precincts: Due West, Cold Springs, and Keowee;
(6) one member must be appointed by the governing body of the Town of Lowndesville, and shall reside within the following voting precincts: Lowndesville and Antreville; and
(7) one member must be appointed by the governing body of the Town of Calhoun Falls, who shall reside within the following voting precincts: Calhoun Falls and Lebanon.
(B) The terms of the five members to be appointed by the governing bodies of the four towns and one city expire December 31, 1964. Commencing in 1964, the successors to these five members must be elected in the general election in a nonpartisan election at the same time these elections are held for members of the House of Representatives in 1964. The terms of all members are for four years and until their successors are elected or appointed and qualify, except that the members first elected from the Abbeville area, the Due West area, and the Calhoun Falls area, shall serve for two years only. After that time their terms are for four years. Each member of the board must be a qualified elector of the area he represents. All vacancies must be filled in the manner of the original appointment for the unexpired portion of the term only. If no one offers in any election, the vacancy must be filled in the manner of the original appointment. The members of the board shall receive no compensation or mileage for their services. A member of the board shall not transact any business with the Abbeville County Memorial Hospital either directly or indirectly."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Ratified the 6th day of May, 2004.
Approved the 11th day of May, 2004.
This web page was last updated on Monday, December 7, 2009 at 10:41 A.M.