Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
May 24, 2007
S. Printed 5/24/07--H. [SEC 5/25/07 1:22 PM]
Read the first time May 24, 2007.
TO PROVIDE THAT PURSUANT TO ARTICLE III, SECTION 21 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THIS STATE AND SECTION 2-1-180 OF THE 1976 CODE, WHEN THE RESPECTIVE HOUSES OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY ADJOURN ON THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2007, NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M., EACH HOUSE SHALL STAND ADJOURNED TO MEET ON TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2007 AT 12:00 P.M., IN STATEWIDE SESSION, AND TO CONTINUE IN STATEWIDE SESSION, IF NECESSARY, UNTIL THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2007, NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M., FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF SPECIFIED MATTERS; AND TO PROVIDE THAT WHEN EACH HOUSE ADJOURNS NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M., ON THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2007, THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY SHALL STAND ADJOURNED SINE DIE.
Be it resolved by the Senate, the House of Representatives concurring:
(A) Pursuant to the provisions of Article III, Section 21 of the Constitution of this State and Section 2-1-180 of the 1976 Code, the mandatory Sine Die adjournment date for the General Assembly is extended, as authorized by law, to permit the General Assembly to continue in session after Thursday, June 7, 2007, under the terms and conditions stipulated in this resolution and for this purpose each house agrees that when the Senate and the House of Representatives adjourn on Thursday, June 7, 2007, not later than 5:00 p.m., each house shall stand adjourned to meet in statewide session on Tuesday, June 19, 2007, at 12:00 p.m. and to continue in statewide session, if necessary, not later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, 2007, for the following matters and subject to the following conditions, as applicable:
(1) receipt and consideration of gubernatorial vetoes;
(2) receipt, consideration, and confirmation of appointments;
(3) ratification of acts;
(4) consideration of resolutions affecting the Sine Die adjournment date;
(5) receipt and consideration of local legislation which has the unanimous consent of the affected delegation;
(6) receipt, consideration, and disposition of conference and free conference reports, appointment of free conference committees, and receipt and consideration of messages pertaining to these reports and appointments;
(7) receipt and consideration of resolutions expressing sympathy or congratulations; and
(8) receipt and consideration of legislation to continue appropriation authorizations and necessary provisos of Act 397 of 2006 beyond June 30, 2007.
(B) The President or President Pro Tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives may select a mutually convenient time for the ratification of acts between June 7, 2007, and June 21, 2007.
(C) When each house adjourns not later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, 2007, the General Assembly shall stand adjourned Sine Die.
This web page was last updated on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 3:08 P.M.