Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
A111, R118, H3744
Sponsors: Reps. Erickson and Sandifer
Document Path: l:\council\bills\agm\18748ab11.docx
Companion/Similar bill(s): 648
Introduced in the House on February 24, 2011
Introduced in the Senate on April 28, 2011
Passed by the General Assembly on January 11, 2012
Governor's Action: February 1, 2012, Signed
Summary: Soil Classifiers
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2/24/2011 House Introduced and read first time (House Journal-page 10) 2/24/2011 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs (House Journal-page 10) 4/13/2011 House Committee report: Favorable Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs (House Journal-page 5) 4/26/2011 House Read second time (House Journal-page 59) 4/26/2011 House Roll call Yeas-106 Nays-0 (House Journal-page 59) 4/27/2011 House Read third time and sent to Senate (House Journal-page 9) 4/28/2011 Senate Introduced and read first time (Senate Journal-page 10) 4/28/2011 Senate Referred to Committee on Labor, Commerce and Industry (Senate Journal-page 10) 5/19/2011 Senate Committee report: Favorable Labor, Commerce and Industry (Senate Journal-page 13) 6/1/2011 Senate Read second time (Senate Journal-page 39) 6/1/2011 Senate Roll call Ayes-38 Nays-0 (Senate Journal-page 39) 1/11/2012 Senate Read third time and enrolled (Senate Journal-page 11) 1/26/2012 Ratified R 118 2/1/2012 Signed By Governor 2/8/2012 Effective date 02/01/12 2/10/2012 Act No. 111
View the latest legislative information at the LPITS web site
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
(A111, R118, H3744)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 40-65-40, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO EXEMPTIONS FROM PROVISIONS CONCERNING SOIL CLASSIFIERS, SO AS TO REVISE THE EXEMPTIONS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Licensure of soil classifiers, exemptions from licensure
SECTION 1. Section 40-65-40 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 249 of 2010, is further amended to read:
"Section 40-65-40. This chapter must not be construed to prevent or affect:
(1) Persons engaged solely in teaching soil science or engaged solely in soil science research.
(2) Officers and employees of the United States, the State, and units of local government who practice soil science solely in the capacity of their office or employment.
(3) Officers and employees of companies engaged in the practice of soil science, when the officers and employees practice soil science solely in the capacity of their employment and who do not offer their services to the public for hire.
(4) The work of an employee or subordinate of a person holding a Professional Soil Classifier license under this chapter provided this work does not include final soil classifying decisions and is done under the supervision of and verified by a person holding a Professional Soil Classifier license.
(5) A professional wetlands specialist who applies soil science to make wetland delineations or determinations.
(6) A person who conducts soil sampling solely for the purpose of determining plant nutrient and lime application rates for gardening and for agricultural, horticultural, silvicultural, or related purposes.
(7) A person who practices another licensed trade or profession within the scope of that license."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Ratified the 26th day of January, 2012.
Approved the 1st day of February, 2012.
This web page was last updated on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 10:20 A.M.