Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
May 25, 2011
S. Printed 5/25/11--S.
Read the first time May 11, 2011.
TO PROVIDE THAT PURSUANT TO SECTION 9, ARTICLE III, OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THIS STATE, 1895, AND SECTION 2-1-180 OF THE 1976 CODE, WHEN THE RESPECTIVE HOUSES OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY ADJOURN ON THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 2011, NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M., OR ANYTIME EARLIER, EACH HOUSE SHALL STAND ADJOURNED TO MEET IN STATEWIDE SESSION AT NOON ON TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011, AND CONTINUE IN STATEWIDE SESSION, IF NECESSARY, UNTIL NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2011, FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF CERTAIN MATTERS, AND TO PROVIDE THAT WHEN THE RESPECTIVE HOUSES OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY ADJOURN NOT LATER THAN 5:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2011, THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY SHALL STAND ADJOURNED SINE DIE.
Be it resolved by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring:
(A) Pursuant to the provisions of Section 9, Article III, of the South Carolina Constitution, 1895, and Section 2-1-180 of the 1976 Code, and the provisions of this resolution, the Sine Die adjournment date for the General Assembly for the 2011 session is recognized and extended to permit the General Assembly to continue in session after Thursday, June 2, 2011, under the terms and conditions stipulated in this resolution and for this purpose each house agrees that when the Senate and the House of Representatives adjourn on Thursday, June 2, 2011, not later than 5:00 p.m. or at any time prior, each house shall stand adjourned to meet in statewide session on Tuesday, June 14, 2011, at 12:00 noon and to continue in statewide session, if necessary, until not later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 1, 2011. Further, each house agrees to limit itself to consideration of the following matters and subject to the following conditions, as applicable:
(1) receipt and consideration of gubernatorial vetoes;
(2) receipt and consideration of resolutions affecting Sine Die adjournment;
(3) receipt, consideration, and confirmation of appointments;
(4) receipt and consideration of resolutions expressing sympathy or congratulations;
(5) receipt and consideration of local legislation which has the unanimous consent of the affected delegation;
(6) concurrence and nonconcurrence in amendments to bills returned from the other house;
(7) appointment of members to conference and free conference committees;
(8) receipt and consideration of legislation and related matters pertaining to redistricting plans for the South Carolina House of Representatives, South Carolina Senate, and Congressional Districts; and,
(9) receipt and consideration of conference and free conference reports.
(B) The President Pro Tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives may set a mutually agreed upon time prior to Sine Die adjournment for officers of the Senate and House to ratify acts.
(C) When the Senate and the House of Representatives adjourn on Friday, July 1, 2011, not later than 5:00 p.m. or at any time prior, the General Assembly shall stand adjourned Sine Die.
(D) For purposes of the Administrative Procedures Act in regard to the one hundred twenty day period the General Assembly has to review state agency regulations, this one hundred twenty day period is tolled beginning Friday, June 3, 2011, until January 10, 2012.
This web page was last updated on May 25, 2011 at 4:54 PM