Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
TO AMEND SECTION 23-25-20, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE CREATION, PURPOSE, AND MEMBERSHIP OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS HALL OF FAME ADVISORY COMMITTEE, SO AS TO INCREASE THE MEMBERSHIP TO INCLUDE THE PRESIDENT OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE, OR HIS DESIGNEE.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 23-25-20(B) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"(B) There is created a South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Hall of Fame Advisory Committee. The committee shall consist of the following ex officio members:
(1) the Director of the Department of Public Safety, who shall serve as chairman; the Chief of the State Law Enforcement Division;
(2) the Chief of the State Law Enforcement Division;
(3) the Director of the Department of Corrections;
Secretary President of the South Carolina Sheriffs' Association, or his designee;
(5) the Executive Director of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Association;
(6) the President of the South Carolina Police Chiefs Association, or his designee;
(7) a representative of the Natural Resources Enforcement Division, to be appointed by the Director of the Department of Natural Resources; and
(8) the President of the South Carolina Fraternal Order of Police, or his designee."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on February 4, 2016 at 11:17 AM