Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
February 27, 2018
Introduced by Senators Cromer, Scott, Climer, Goldfinch, Bennett, Timmons and Allen
S. Printed 2/27/18--S.
Read the first time February 13, 2018.
TO CREATE THE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE FLAG STUDY COMMITTEE CHARGED WITH PROPOSING AN OFFICIAL, UNIFORM DESIGN FOR THE STATE FLAG.
Amend Title To Conform
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. (A) There is created the South Carolina State Flag Study Committee charged with proposing an official, uniform design for the state flag based on historically accurate details and legislative adoptions. Membership of the study committee shall be comprised of five members as follows:
(1) the Director of the Department of Archives and History, or his designee, who shall serve as chair;
(2) the Director of the Department of Administration, or his designee;
(3) one member appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate;
(4) one member appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives; and
(5) one member appointed by the Governor.
(B) The study committee shall provide a report including a proposed design to the General Assembly by February 1, 2019, at which time the study committee shall dissolve. Members of the study committee shall receive mileage, per diem, and subsistence as provided by law.
SECTION 2. This joint resolution takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on February 27, 2018 at 5:11 PM