Scroll to History Page
Scroll to Previous Versions Links List
Scroll to Full Text
Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
Current Status Bill Number:View additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
714Type of Legislation: General Bill GBIntroducing Body: SenateIntroduced Date: 20010524Primary Sponsor: McConnellAll Sponsors: McConnellDrafted Document Number: l:\s-jud\bills\mcconnell\jud0078.gfm.docResiding Body: SenateCurrent Committee: Finance Committee 06 SFDate of Last Amendment: 20020423Subject: State medical and health insurance plan, Charleston County Airport District employees eligible for; AeronauticsHistory Body Date Action Description Com Leg Involved ______ ________ ______________________________________ _______ ____________ Senate 20020529 Recommitted to Committee 06 SF Senate 20020423 Amended Senate 20020417 Read second time ------ 20020417 Scrivener's error corrected Senate 20020416 Recalled from Committee 06 SF Senate 20010524 Introduced, read first time, 06 SF referred to Committee Versions of This Bill Revised on April 16, 2002 - Word format Revised on April 17, 2002 - Word format Revised on April 23, 2002 - Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
April 23, 2002
S. Printed 4/23/02--S.
Read the first time May 24, 2001.
TO AMEND SECTION 1-11-720, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO ENTITIES WHOSE EMPLOYEES AND RETIREES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR STATE HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS SO AS TO INCLUDE THE CHARLESTON COUNTY AIRPORT DISTRICT.
Amend Title To Conform
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 1-11-720(A) of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 377 of 2000, is further amended to read:
"(A) In addition to the employees and retirees and their eligible dependents covered under the state health and dental insurance plans pursuant to Section 1-11-710, employees and retirees and their eligible dependents of the following entities are eligible for coverage under the state health and dental insurance plans pursuant to the requirements of subsection (B):
(2) regional tourism promotion commissions funded by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism;
(3) county mental retardation boards funded by the State Mental Retardation Department;
(4) regional councils of government established pursuant to Article 1, Chapter 7 of Title 6;
(5) regional transportation authorities established pursuant to Chapter 25 of Title 58;
(6) alcohol and drug abuse planning agencies designated pursuant to Section 61-12-20;
(7) special purpose districts created by act of the General Assembly that provide gas, water, fire, sewer, recreation, or hospital service, or any combination of these services;
(9) local councils on aging or other governmental agencies providing aging services funded by the Office on Aging, Department of Health and Human Services;
(10) community action agencies that receive funding from the Community Services Block Grant Program administered by the Governor's Office, Division of Economic Opportunity;
(11) a residential group care facility providing on-site teaching for residents if the facility's staff are currently members of the South Carolina Retirement System established pursuant to Chapter 1, Title 9 and if it provides at no cost educational facilities on its grounds to the school district in which it is located
(12) the South Carolina State Employees' Association;
(13) the Palmetto State Teachers' Association
(14) the South Carolina Education Association;
(15) the South Carolina Association of School Administrators;
(16) the South Carolina School Boards Association;
(17) the South Carolina Student Loan Corporation
(18) legislative caucus committees as defined in Section 8-13-1300(21)
(19) soil and water conservation districts established pursuant to Title 48, Chapter 9
(20) housing authorities as provided for in Chapter 3, Title 31;
(21) the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District;
(22) cooperative educational service center employees
(23) the South Carolina Sheriff's Association
(24) the Pee Dee Regional Airport District
(25) the Charleston County Airport District; and
(26) the members of the school boards of Orangeburg Consolidated School Districts 3, 4, and 5."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 11:13 A.M.